Thursday, September 16, 2010

Led Zeppelin- Tangerine


Mariah Houston
Professor Guarracino
English 151
16 September 2010

Tangerine - Led Zeppelin

Measuring a summer's day,
I only find it slips away to grey,
The hours, they bring me pain.

*Tangerine, Tangerine,
Living REFLECTIONS from a dream;
I was her love, she was my queen,
And now a thousand years between.

Thinking how it used to be,
Does she still remember times like these?
To think of us again?
And I do.

* Chorus

     This song gives me a feeling that no other song can give a person. This song reminds me of love and happiness. My boyfriend plays this song on his guitar. When I first met him he played it. Ever since then it has been the only song I force him to play over and over. He is now in the coast guard boot camp. When I get upset that he is away I just listen to this song. It is short and sweet. I can literally hear him play and sing it as if he was in the room. We spend almost every second together. We have been together for about six years. So when I found out he was leaving for eight weeks it was considered bad news to me. But we both know it’ll be okay. When this song comes on I feel a connection no matter how far he is. Its amazing how one song can put such a smile on your face no matter how sad you are. This song by Led Zeppelin turns my mood completely upside down. It makes me stop thinking negatively. And allows me to stop being selfish and realize that this separation is so short and will better us for the future as a couple as well as make him a better person. When Tangerine comes on I picture my boyfriend fighting so hard through these obstacles just so he can reach a goal that he has set for himself as an amazing human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment