Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mike Posner- Please don't go

    This song makes me feel sad. When it comes to my boyfriend leaving for the coast guard, its not something I like to think about. We spend just about every second together and when I realized the day has finally came to him leaving, I was unable to grasp the concept that my best friend was gone. Although he is only gone for eight weeks it feels terribly long. As the coast guard says “ the days are long but the weeks are short.” You have to experience this for yourself in order to truly understand.
    The night before he left I was dreading it. I felt if I didn’t go to sleep he wouldn’t leave the next day. Falling asleep was so painful because I knew the next day he was going to be gone. During our last night sleeping together I randomly would wake up and look at him and truly capture the moment because I knew this was the last night that would be ours together.
     Now that he is gone, I realized it isn’t that hard to be without him. I feel the time apart is going really quick. Unfortunately, when this song comes on I do think about the sorrow I felt when it was our time to say goodbye. The last day is something I try not to think about because it is something that gets me to a sad place. As a way to get my mind off of him I think of what I’m going to do and say when I think of him because I know he will be home before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment